We provide our students with an academically rigorous and Christ-centered 1-12 education option that blends the best aspects of private and home schooling.
Living Word Academy's philosophy of education flows out of the truth that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:4
Christian education is the process by which a Christian is led to a deeper knowledge and understanding of his merciful God. Such an education is derived from the Word of God, the norm by which all knowledge and wisdom must be aligned.
The Word of God provides the chain of Truth, which projects the purpose and objectives for our Christian Academy. Our philosophy of education is rooted in Holy Scripture and accepts these truths:
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- Man’s fall into sin has corrupted the entire human race, making it subject to damnation. Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12
- Jesus Christ is man’s only possible Savior. Through his perfect life, atoning death, and victorious resurrection, he has won and sealed salvation for all human beings. Romans 3:22-24; Ephesians 2:8,9
- Through faith the Holy Spirit turns a man from his rebellion against God, to a man who walks with God. 2 Corinthians 5: 17,18; Galatians 2:20
- As a believer a Christians life grows in the following ways:
Living Word Academy follows a modified classical education curriculum. This course of study is very demanding, requiring concentrated effort and dedication on the part of our students.
But not without reward - the education our students receive prepares them well for future academic and professional success. Our curriculum is preparatory in nature, so students who complete our course of study will be fully prepared to enter college.
A HOLISTIC APPROACH
This philosophy is applied to not merely the religion curriculum of Living Word Academy, but also to every aspect of the learning that takes place here.
It is applied to the curriculum, the content of course study, learning experiences and the environment that make up the entire learning atmosphere of Living Word Academy.
Living Word Academy will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color or ethnic background.
Living Word Academy is an entity under and controlled by Living Word Lutheran Church. Living Word Lutheran Church is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). Both the church and the school will adhere to the Bible as God’s inerrant Word and to the doctrines of the WELS as explained in the Book of Concord. Where any differences occur the Bible will be the ultimate authority.